Customer Spotlight Q&A with David Calhoun
This Customer Spotlight Q&A features one of our first customers, David Calhoun. David is the Executive Director at The Arc Wayne, an organization that provides services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We asked David ten questions about himself and his experience with the imPowr platform.
1. What is your role at Arc Wayne?
2. How have you used the imPowr platform in your job role?
I use imPowr in a number of ways. It has been very useful during the pandemic to track outbreaks within our various locations, as well as track and maintain the data as to the numbers of staff and people we support who were infected with COVID-19. I also use the system for to interact with the Board of Directors, using the Board Portal allows us to post useful and timely reports and documents. The imPowr platform also allows me to review current data as to the number of people we support, the services they are using and various other demographics which are helpful in making management decisions in a time of limited fiscal resources.
3. How has the imPowr platform made a difference for you or for Arc Wayne?
It has been very useful especially during the COVID pandemic, the ability to view and analysis data especially in the areas of quarantined staff and clients, numbers of people effected and recovery rates.
4. What makes Arc Wayne special?
We provide a host of supports and services to people with and without developmental disabilities and have diversified our service delivery to meet the needs of the greater community.
5. Before working at Arc Wayne, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Live-in house manager for six people with I/DD at an Arc in Connecticut.
6. What is the greatest advice you’ve received?
People with disabilities should not have their lives confined to one file cabinet.
7. What is on your bucket list?
Take the train across the northern part of the country, from Chicago to Seattle.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Birdwatching, gardening and cooking
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Big Bend National Park, fabulous bird watching and beautiful scenery.
10. Where is your favorite place to eat?
Any place that serves great Indian food.